Mindfulness Teacher Training - ONLINE COURSE
withErinSharaf at South Kingstown
Next held on Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 7:15 pm - 8:45 pm
This enrollment runs from Wed Jun 14, 2017 - Wed Aug 23, 2017
“The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
The mindfulness revolution is happening all around us! There is no better time than now to embrace a more heart-centered and conscious way of living. Mindfulness is a present- moment awareness of thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and the surrounding environment. Mindfulness also involves a non-judgmental attitude and a cultivation of kindness and curiosity.
There is a growing body of research to document the many physical and emotional benefits associated with mindfulness practice. Some of these include:
• A stronger immune system • Less time spent ruminating over stressful events • Lower cortisol levels which means less stress • Altered brain structure and function
These benefits, and many more make this ancient practice a very practical application for modern living. As a remedy for the stress and fast-pace of modern life, mindfulness is exploding in businesses, classrooms, boardrooms, hospitals and living rooms around the globe.
Coaches, teachers, nutritionists, therapists, health care providers, yoga teachers and caregivers of all kinds are discovering that becoming more skilled in sharing mindfulness practices enhances their ability to support others. If you feel drawn to share the difference mindfulness has made in your own life with others, join Erin Sharaf, the founder of Mindfulness + Magic, for this 10-week Mindfulness Teacher Training.
Connect more deeply to yourself, each other, and the world around you, while developing skills to share this practice with others. Have fun, go deep, stretch and grow together in a supportive community!
Be supported and guided by Erin as you learn to:
• Deepen your own practice • Make a positive and lasting impact on the world around you • Lead your community on a path towards kindness and compassion • Create lasting and meaningful relationships with like-minded individuals
Training Dates and Hours: • 10 weekly meetings by phone: o Wed, Jun 14-Aug 23*, 7:15pm-8:45pm *there will be no call Wed, Jul 5 o Each class consists of guided meditation, new material and group discussion
o Guest teachers include Priscilla Szneke, CFM Qualified MBSR Teacher and Lauri Klein, LICSW, pyschotherapist and expert in Mindful Self Compassion
• The training culminates with a 2 Day Retreat weekend at All That Matters in RI
o Sat, Aug 26, 10am-4:30pm • Sun, Aug 27, 10am-3pm o Spend Saturday being guided by Erin through your own retreat experience o On Sunday, take turns leading a group practice where each person will have the opportunity to give and receive feedback
In-between weekly meetings, participants are expected to:
• Maintain a daily mindfulness practice, assisted by guided recordings, to strengthen your teaching skills • Complete independent study of provided readings and videos to support the teachings • Practice guiding others during weekly meetings, and with a partner in the program on off days
• Mindfulness vs. Mindlessness • Embodied Wisdom • Working with discomfort • Finding stillness • Coming to our senses • Deliberate cultivation of positive emotions • Mindful communication • Rewiring the brain for more loving relationships • Mindful Eating • Mindful Self-Compassion • Teaching skills
Tuition and Benefits:
• Online Course only: $595 Weekly meetings, study and partner work and ongoing support from Erin for the duration of the program • Online Course and Retreat Weekend in RI: $950 Weekly meetings, study and partner work and ongoing support from Erin for the duration of the program, plus the retreat weekend in August. Certificate of completion of the Mindfulness Teacher Training • Online Course, Retreat & Teacher Certification: $1,260 Weekly meetings, study and partner work, ongoing support from Erin for the duration of the program, the retreat weekend in August and after the student completes an additional 10 hours of teaching time, and a written exam and mentoring call with Erin
For more information on curriculum, tuition and benefits click here
To see a list of Frequently Asked Questions, click here
Register now! As an added bonus, register by May 14 and receive access to an exclusive conversation between 2 of the nation's leading Mindfulness teachers as they share their secrets with you!
Mara Wai M. Ed. is the associate director of the prestigious Penn Program for Mindfulness. In addition to her teaching responsibilities, Mara oversees program development and administration.
Dr. Rebecca Shisler-Marshall is a tenured professor at the University of Georgia and has been teaching and researching mindfulness for years.
what it was like when they first started teaching.
how their practice and teaching has evolved.
important lessons they wished they knew when they started out.
projections for future opportunities, and more.
This recorded, hour-long interview is informative and inspiring to those on the path to mindful leadership.