Third Thursdays with Theresa! Join Theresa Murphy, teacher to All That Matters’ own Usha Bilotta and primary teacher for Tias Little and the Prajna School, on the third Thursday of the month for a 2-hour master class of discussion and practice leading up to a ubiquitous but challenging pose.
Theresa offers in-depth analysis of the building blocks (and road blocks) of these classic postures, so that your progress carries over into everyday practice. Each class includes meditation, chanting, and philosophical contemplation to accompany asana (pose) work, making a complete offering for body, head, and heart. Theresa's cross pollination of classical methods mixed with her own intuitive creativity supports thorough exploration in a safe and open environment.
• a better and broader understanding of advanced asana
• how to safely and effectively build to peak asana
• accessible modifications to more complex postures
• how to increase proficiency of asana thru regular strong, skillful, and supported practices
• a better understanding of the anatomy and physiology that underlies the asanas being practiced
• how meditation, breath-work, and contemplation can support you in physical practice and in life
*2 CEUs available each week
There will be basic props available. If you have your own blocks, strap or blanket, feel free to bring them for use during your practice.
Some yoga experience is required.
Thu, 5:15pm-7:15pm, Mar 16 • Apr 20 • May 18 • Jun 15 • Aug 17 • Oct 19 • Nov 16 • Dec 21